Why Schedule an Early Orthodontic Evaluation?
Here are a few reasons why you need to schedule an orthodontic exam for your child before the age of 7:
- Early detection allows us to identify small signs of problems in the way the teeth are emerging and the jaw is growing.
- Even if your child’s teeth appear to be straight, there are other potential issues that can be detected by an orthodontist.
- The checkup can indicate that your child’s bite is fine, or we could identify developing problems that need to be addressed. These problems are sometimes monitored for a while to ensure the proper timing of the treatment.
- Early intervention makes it possible to avoid serious problems in the future. These preventive steps offer a proactive way to simplify the treatments and avoid complicated procedures in adulthood.
- If the face and jaw are done growing, then there are certain results that can no longer be achieved. These treatments are most effective when the bones are still forming.